Monday 5 April 2010

Delicatessen - Jeunet-Pierre Jeunet and Marc Caro


Oh my goodness, I have fallen in love with this film! Its is just a masterpiece for the eyes! It is witty, charming, beautifully filmed, well acted, dark but also quite light.

The musically choreographed set pieces are fun, and the storyline is one of my favourites. A post-apocalyptic France has spawned a group of people that you will never forget. At the centre of this colony is a butcher, who harvests people for their meet. The story is very complex and I am not going to get into it, but I recommend you watch it.

I cannot think of anything that I did not like about the film, so this is going to be relatively short, but I do want to say a few things about some of the actors. Dominique Pinon as the clown/maintenance man is charming and funny and Jean-Claude Dreyfus as the sardonic butcher, Claret, is menacing and quite scary actually.

Anyway as you may of guessed this is going to be a 10 out of 10 and is a firm favourite of mine. The next film is a spanish film called Juliet and the Spirits, hopefully is going to be as good as Delicatessen.

No comments:

Post a Comment