Thursday 29 April 2010

Tirez Sur Le Pianiste - Francois Truffaut


A further French film (the third one in the first 24 of this list) and I found quite a difficult one to watched. I watched and was sort of hooked, but then I did get bored very easily, so I had a very weird discomfort while watching. The story is a complex one, and it seems to fit in the film noir film genre, but it just didn't engage me.

One thing though, I did find parts of the film funny, I actually laughed out lout. There was one of the "crooks" talking to Fido, and he swore on his mother's life. The next scene is a woman falling down dead and that is pretty funny and original for 1960. Also the man in the hat and man in the cap are like a bickering married couple, it is really quite funny.

Also the French females all seem to be very sensual and sexy, but in this and in Le Doulos, they seem to get naked, which to me seems unnecessary. If nudity adds something to a story then fine, but a quick glimpse of boob just confuses me, why should it be in there. To show that the women are desirable?

Anyway, I find this film was the same as Le Doulos, good storyline but bore dme slightly, hence it gets the same as Le Doulos, 4 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment