Saturday 24 April 2010

The Thin Blue Line - Errol Morris


The first documentary on the list and a subject that I have seen many documentaries on before. This was one of the first documentaries to include a reconstruction and it was actually a brilliantly put together piece of work. This will be a fairly short review as I can not really talk about acting etc, but I feel that this was standout due to the fact the real murder was uncovered.

The score was haunting and the witnesses were dumb. My favourite was a man who claimed to have "perfect recall" but then couldn't remember if the car was a blue Ford or a blue something, and couldn't quite remember where the policeman had been when this man passed the scene. Brilliant comedy from that young man. I also love the lady with the big fat nose!

Sorry it was short, but there is not much I can really say. This film/documentary gets a 7 out of 10 as it was gripping but maybe got a bit repetitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment