Wednesday 7 April 2010

Topio Stin Omichli - Theo Angelopoulos


Topio Stin Omichli or Landscape in the Mist is a revelation of cinema. This film was beautifully filmed, stunningly acted, gorgeously soundtracked and has really made a strong impression on me.

The shots that were produced really impressed, and just the way it tackled some of the issues was fascinating. For instance the scene in which the little boy and little girl are in a square and in front of them a horse dies and behind them the joviality of a wedding reception. The scene just speaks for itself.

Michalis Zeke is the young boy, Alexandros and he is the cutest little kid you ever did see, and what an actor, for such a young boy I can't think of any better acting in any movie. Tania Palaiologou was wonderful as Alexandros' sister Voula and I actually cried at the way she acted the rape scene, it was just so moving that I felt my heart go out to the girl.

The rape scene was hard to watch but it was very well done, I don't think I have ever seen a rape filmed so well. You could feel the pain and feel how scared the girl was but you did not see or hear much at all.

There were times where I got bored and there were also times when I felt the long camera frames and the pause of the actors to look got a little bit boring, but other than that it is a well executed film, but one that fills you with no hope what-so-ever.

The rating for this is 7 out of 10, just because I felt it was good but it sometimes lacked any story. The next film in the list is Little Miss Sunshine, which hopefully will be a jolly change from Landscape In The Mist.

No comments:

Post a Comment