Tuesday 20 April 2010

Eye's Wide Shut - Stanley Kubrick


This is the first Kubrick film I have ever seen, and it was surprising. I have heard a lot of bad things about Eye's Wide Shut but I found it gripping and well done, if not a little confusing at the end. Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman play a married couple who obviously want other people, but they feel obliged to each other. This creates tension which then manifests itself into Tom Cruise going to the weirdest house party ever, in which people are having sex all over the place, and everyone wears a mask!

One minor grievance I have with the fucking movie is the unneeded swearing. Nicole Kidman keeps saying fuck and in one scene Sidney Pollack says tits, and it does not flow. They sound like twats and it really starts to get on your cocking nerves after a while (By swearing through this paragraph I am showing exactly how annoying it sounds) The last word of the film is fuck, and the film just seemed to end. I can see how it is probably an insightful look at couples and sex, but all I heard was the occasional swear word and saw the occasional breast

Also this movie has got to have the most nipple and breasts I have ever seen on film. They are everywhere, even Nicole Kidman gets hers out for the boys. Kubrick is a master, and this film really shows clever thought and direction, but the nudity just reminded me of my own insignificant body!

Overall, 8 out of 10 because I really enjoyed the film and I felt it was very well acted, but sadly the end and the shitty swearing ruined it a tad for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment